Awhile back Andrea over at EdTech Workshop tagged me for the PD Meme started by Clif Mims. I knew it would be easy since I already had my summer goals written down. The hard part has just been remembering to post them and tag 8 more people. My summer has begun and I have a long list of goals. So this exercise is a good one for me to zero in on what are the three most important goals for me to focus on this summer. Here they are:
- Go to NECC with specific goals of what I want to learn.-Done and posted
- Become familiar with podcasting and be ready to introduce it to students and staff in the fall. I know this is probably old news to everyone else but for our school it’s a brand new concept. Each school is receiving two Macs this fall I think this is going to make it easier especially since I can’t download audacity at school, although to be fair, I haven’t asked for it to be unblocked yet either.
- I have an IWB in my labs with Smartboard Notebook. I won a grant recently and I get one SMARTboard for a classroom. I need to find ways to make the board truly interactive for the kids and to find good resources for the teachers. I have tons of resource sites. I need to take time this summer to look through and find the best ones to share with the two teachers that will be sharing the board. Our focus with the board will be social studies with a focus on DBQs.
Hmmm, it would have been easier to do eight goals and tag three people! But here goes.
Since I have limited time on the internet as I journey across the United States I’m not taking the time to see if you have already been tagged or not. If you have or if you’re not interested just pass it along.
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2008 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
- Pick 3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/01/08).
- Post the above directions along with your 3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Professional Development Meme and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/353.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme.
- Tag 8 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.